Friday, January 18, 2008
[Two] It is important for a writer to read because it gives them the inspiration they need to write. If its like breathing in and breathing out, breathing in would be needed for the air to breathe out. I guess if you look at it enough though, thats just saying writers rewrite what they read with their own touch. Kind of silly.
[Three] My favorite piece this year was probably my second short story, It was really creepy and when we read them on Halloween I really enjoyed that. My favorite genre, of writing? Not like horror or comedy? or like that. I mean, if its like that then probably comedy, nothing beats a good punchline. A piece I didnt really like in reflection was the personal essay, it was the same stuff I've been doing for college since the beginning of the year. I'll probably use my new and improved writing skills outside of the class, since I seem to do the writing thing from time to time.
[Four] A quiz?
Coke or Pepsi: Pepsi hands down, Coke sucks and tastes like syrup.
Li'l Wayne or Little Debbie: Lil'Wayne, because I have no clue who Debbie is.
McDonald's or Arby's: McDonald's its quicker, even though Arby's tastes better it KILLS my stomach, I feel like death after eating the 5 for 5. or 5 for 7.41$
Chiptole or Taco Bell: Taco Bell, I can't ever finish Chiptole, plus taco bell is full of greasy goodness.
American Idol or MTV: I hate American Idol, maybe its because I'm Canadian, maybe its because I don't like those lame sap stories about selling your house to try out and fail. Plus MTV plays Rob & Big. thats the best.
Buffalo Wings or Florida: A state or a tasty snack? lets go with the tasty snack.
New York City or Los Angeles: LA baby, I've been to New York, its smells like fish and homeless people, plus its way to broadway and not enough hollywood.
Name you like for your future daughter: Monday lol
Name you like for your future son: Gabriel?..I don't know I'll probably name my first number one and second number 2
What is or what will be the first country you see outside the continent of North America: I can't remember, I've been to Cuba, Mexico, Domicon Republic. So it was one of those three.
Disney movie you would be most likely to watch on your 21st birthday: None, I'll probably be out all day. I mean if I was paid 205835032808602368068 Million Dollars i'd watch Toy Story, otherwise, nope.
5. Can you figure out what Disney movie my blog title comes from?
Google says its from the Fox and the Hound I guess.
Monday, January 7, 2008
1. Look both ways I think guides my life. I probably wouldn't be alive without that saying, seeing as there is so many cars on the road these days. But seriously? I think that its really important to just enjoy everyday. I always see life as a one time only experience and I enjoy everything that happens, good or bad. The way I see it, if your life isn't what you want it to be, go out and make it what you want, your life is always in your hands. Thats enough being deep and such.
2. I think the news, is extremely depressing, so I don't watch it. I heard about the bridge collapse and all that before I moved here, I guess that had an impact because I didn't really know what people were going to be like when I got here because of that event.
3. In 2008 I hope to accomplish the graduation thing. You know, college and all that fun stuff. That will be good you know, to do that. Graduate and all that. Yeah so I'm ranting now. But also in 2008 I hope to finish my plans to become king of the universe, It's been a long time coming, but you know, it's on my to do list.
And I'm DONESKIS
Thursday, December 27, 2007
I thought that the play was frustrating to write because I couldn't really tell a story. It had to focus on dialog which meant that actions didn't really have a huge effect. Also during a play there is only so much shifting through time you can do, it really gave me a headache when coming up with ideas. Now that I've written this play I really don't want to have anything to do with drama, I wanted to be an actor when I was like 6, but I grew out of it. Clearly I'm not growing back into drama. No thank you.
Anyways, onto answer number two. I don't really know much about personal essays because I was in Canada for the last week while you guys talked about it and all that other fun stuff you do. Anyways, my idea's for my personal essay are short. I'll probably talk about when I first met my dad at 14. Or maybe moving out to Minnesota to live with him. Or when my brother was born. Who knows, maybe I'll think of something really funny to tell. We'll see when the time comes. But apparently the answer to this question needs to be a hundred words long, so maybe I'll ramble for a couple sentences to fill space. Or maybe I'll end my answer right about...now.
Advice for a 10 year old? thats easy, I have a 9 year old brother and an 11 year old sister, I got advice coming out the wazoo. Anyways, I would tell them always keep your head up, because if you don't, you'll probably run into something. I always tell my siblings that I got through that age, and so did plenty of other people, so just go with it. Plus what happens happens, be happy with whatever happens in life and enjoy experiences, both good and bad. Thats about it, most of my advice just comes out on the spot when my siblings need it.
So now I'm done posting my blog, for this class and all my other ones. Now I can go out again.
So hows aboot you let me get back to the snow Eh. PEACE!
Monday, December 10, 2007
Theme is everything you write, it's the difference between an interesting subject or something that makes you want to take a nap. Even the most interesting things can be made boring with a dumb theme. I've noticed this a lot more lately. I think that that its hard to express that theme is not important and since I don't beleive this, i'm not going to talk about that viewpoint. Anyways, like I was saying, writing, needs to express an idea. But it's important that it doesn't drag on, and expresses the idea clearly, it only makes writing worse when a writer is forced to write a certain ammount.
Time for question number two. This one is kind of tough to answer, mostly because I haven't heard of a single one of these 'surviving' works of literature. However, I have heard of a few that survived awhile, like Shakespeare and all that fun stuff. Anyways, I think the only thing that makes literature survive for so long is making it so complicated that no one can understand it. That way people read it for a long time and wonder what it really even meant. But because my writing usually makes sense, it probably won't stand the test of time.
And on a completely unrelated note, if I could have a long lasting impact on the world, I would want world peace. Well that, and all the starving children to be fed and not be so hungry anymore. I might have this impact if I decided to write speeches for Ms. America contestants. But seriously, I don't really want to have an impact on the world, it's too much work.
Monday, December 3, 2007
1. Something that concerns me is going to college. The decision between going far away or staying close. I want to go somewhere far away from here but at the same time theres a lot I would be leaving behind. I want to be close to my family, but not to close. It's also tough because I have family here in Edina but also in Toronto. It's tough deciding what to do.
2. Everyone I know is dynamic. Especially this one guy I know named Tyler. Probably the most dynamic person I know. Don't ask why, I don't really have any examples. He's just cool like that I guess.
3. There is a song by Swollen Members, that I wrote in one of my blogposts when our teacher was here. It's called Put On Me. It always gives me the inspriation I need and is really nice. Its all about no matter what happens still being yourself and being there for the people that need you. It is kind of cheesy, but I like it. Thats all.
Finally I'm done. Time to take a nap.
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
In my life happiness is a few things. Most importantly its being close to my siblings, i'm the oldest of 6 and all my brothers and sisters are important to make me happy. I also think that being close to my friends and other family members is important, without my friends, I wouldn't be who I am. My greatest source of happiness has to be that I have know I have close friends all over the world and staying close to them, It makes me happy to think that almost everywhere I go there will be someone pretty close to me that I know well.
In my life the person that has the greatest influence is hard to decide. On one hand I would say Tom Melton, because he's pretty much the high point of my day. Either him or my 9 year old brother Jacob. He was the only sibling I grew up with and more than anyone I consider him my best friend. Family is most important to me and we know each other better than any of my other siblings. He is the greatest influce on my happiness.
I thought about who's happiness I affect the most and I decided it was none other than Sarah. Yes Sarah V. Because I know that I am the highlight of not only her third hour, but her entire day. To see me smiling from across the classroom pretty much says that the day is going to be just great. If I don't come to class, or come to class with a sad face on, Sarah's face turns sad. She is impacted by me because even though she always loses against me, she is always inspired to 'try' and win. Thats why I impact her happiness.
Finally my greatest need in life is family & friends. I treat my friends like family and my family comes before everything. It is who I am, where I came from, and who I will be. I love my family.
And now I'm done being deep. You can breathe again.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
2.I also think I did the best short story writing, my poems were good but in stories I think I did a better job of using images and all that. I haven't really written a lot of short stories before though, in the 7th grade we had to in english class, I remember writing a story about a kid with superpowers. It was probably the greatest piece of writing ever. It's easy for me to get inspiration in short stories because everything from music, to tv, to pictures inspires me.
3. In all this writing I have learned that I am very inspired by everything around me, and all it takes is something to sit me down and get me to start writing, once I've started I get on a roll and I don't stop until I'm satisfied. It is also easier to keep going if I have freedom to do whatever I want with the story. If I'm really forced into writing something specefic I get bored and want to fall asleep on my desk.
4. For my writing I'd probably like to pursue longer stories or music, I know they aren't really close to each other writing-wise but I really think that both of them are interesting. I think that music is really good to write because it makes it easier to say things that are on your mind that you normally couldn't.
Well thats about it for the questions. Now that I'm done writing, I'm going to go back to saving the world.
Or something like that.