Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Otto-Biography

I am Tyler. Yes, it is good being me. This is my autobiography.
My writing style is very...Canadian.
I like to write stories, preferably the ones that don't take up a lot of my free time.
That's about it. I'm really horrible at writing poems, and will probably never be a poet.
Over the next four months I'd like to spend lots of time on figuring out why the U.S. is better than Canada. Writing-wise, I'd like to spend the next four months becoming a better writer then I am now... I guess.

A writer I enjoy is Bryce Courtenay, I like him because his books are very inspiring. They have some action in it too so I don't fall asleep when I am reading. He also tries to keep his books short and too the point. As the laziest reader on earth, I appreciate that.

Here is an example of my writing. It is the metaphor poem I wrote in class the other day. Because I am too unoriginal to think up something new.

Behind every new face there is a story,
memories of times past and amazing glory.
THe first words are sometimes hard to say,
I am cold and uncomfortable like a winter day.

Looking back on all those lost faces,
good old friends erasing the traces.
THe first day is the most nervous of all,
I hear the ring of voices but can't answer the call.

Looking forward to those I have no met,
the footsteps behind me tired with regret.
The first smile is the hardest to show,
I am the invisible place you will never know.

Thats my poem...yep.

3 comments:

Tyler K's Blog said...

My name is Tyler too!

Tom's Blog said...

Dude that poem was tight. Whether you think you are good at poetry or not. I will help you figure out why the US is better than Canada if you'd like help. ;)

Bethany Joy said...

dude! that poem was really good.
you do not suck at poetry.
dont lie :P