Tuesday, September 25, 2007

POW-ems

Untitled

I couldn't ask for anymore,
my pile of memories on the floor,
reach in and what do I get,
my one and only baby blanket.
The sight of it draws me in again,
her house and the smell of cinnamon,
seemed like when anything was torn she could see,
still the only one that knows the real me.
In a big world growing up too fast,
her stictching so the formfort could last,
the warm feeling of watching her knit,
from the couch where I used to sit.
Its the little things people do,
they never know how much it means to you,
I hope she knows what she did for me,
back when all that love was free.
Now I'm older and you are far away,
but I will never be to old to say,
thank you grandma you always made me smile,
I'll keep that warm blanket in the memory pile.



Brothers

August twelfth, ninety eight,
A day I didn't anticipate,
my life has never been the same,
since I helped decide on your name.
Promise to always be true,
I will look out for you,
my directions unknown,
you matter more than I've ever show.
I've got your back through thick and thin,
we are brothers to the very end,
no matter what happens i'm there unconditionally,
so young but still understand me.
From cuts to bruises I've seen it all,
even the time you got lost at the mall,
seems like we celebrated every halloween,
getting in trouble and coming clean.
From winter supporting your hockey dreams,
to summer coaching your soccer teams,
going to see every kids movie without a doubt,
scaring our parents when the power went out.
Fighting control of the remote,
sitting out on the boat,
when you live your life for another,
you know your finally a big brother.

4 comments:

macendz said...

Tyler...i love the poem about your grandma...but the big brother one is AMAZING. You are sooo talented tyler, i loove it! you should send that to your brother he would love it. your mom would cry. oh wow that is really good i cant believe you wrote that!

Jamie's Blog said...

TYLER!! these poems are amazing.. you're so good at rhyming and writing.. im jealous.. but anywho both had very strong images.. in the first one i didn't know quite what you were getting at or who this was directed to until the last few lines.. the second one i loved, i wish i was an older sibling. i loved the last line where you said that this is when you know you're an older brother or something like that.. that was poem was my favorite.

Sarah's Blog said...

CUTE!!! I really like both of them because they're about your family, so there's lots of emotion involved, it's very descriptive and visual, and they also both flow very nicely. so yea, you're a badass at writing poetry! I was also able to connect with both of the poems, the second one especially because I have two younger brothers and I remember what it was like when they were born. I also know what it's like to be an older sibling and how you have your ups and your downs. all you need is a snazzy title for the first one and I think you'll be set to rock n' roll. The line I especially liked was, "From winter supporting your hockey dreams, to summer coaching your soccer teams". I don't know why but it really stuck out to me and showed me that you've been there every minute of every day throughout all of the seasons. so yea, you did blow my mind : )

WWG said...

Hi, Good blog :)
Look from Quebec Canada
http://www.wwg1.com

WWG :)