Thursday, November 1, 2007

I can see my reflection in this quarter

1. Over this quarter I really enjoyed almost everything. But I probably enjoyed the short stories most, even though I really liked daily prompts and liked poems I think that the short stories were the best because for the most part we were free to write about whatever we wanted. It was also easier to get on a roll with the stories and just let the writing flow as funny as that sounds.

2.I also think I did the best short story writing, my poems were good but in stories I think I did a better job of using images and all that. I haven't really written a lot of short stories before though, in the 7th grade we had to in english class, I remember writing a story about a kid with superpowers. It was probably the greatest piece of writing ever. It's easy for me to get inspiration in short stories because everything from music, to tv, to pictures inspires me.

3. In all this writing I have learned that I am very inspired by everything around me, and all it takes is something to sit me down and get me to start writing, once I've started I get on a roll and I don't stop until I'm satisfied. It is also easier to keep going if I have freedom to do whatever I want with the story. If I'm really forced into writing something specefic I get bored and want to fall asleep on my desk.

4. For my writing I'd probably like to pursue longer stories or music, I know they aren't really close to each other writing-wise but I really think that both of them are interesting. I think that music is really good to write because it makes it easier to say things that are on your mind that you normally couldn't.

Well thats about it for the questions. Now that I'm done writing, I'm going to go back to saving the world.

Or something like that.

5 comments:

Tom's Blog said...

I know exactly what you mean about the short stories, and just letting it flow out of you. It does sound kind of funny but that's the only way I know how to describe it.

I thought just the opposite of you. I thought my poems were best. I really enjoyed both your poems and your short stories, the halloween one was really creepy. haha.

I bet you would write really good music actually. Id like to hear or see that.

Sarah's Blog said...

I like how we liked opposite things : ) anyway, I definitely think your poems were awesome, but I think your short stories are AMAZING. You are the master at details. Somehow I can never be as detailed as I'd like to be. I have no idea why but anyway, long story short, I'm jealous of your skillzzzz. So keep it up champ!
Peace out

Jamie's Blog said...

HA!that's funny how sarah said poems you have freedom and then you said short stories do thats cool. Anywas I agree with you on everything except short stories. I didn't like them too much. Is there a writer in your family because you're really good at it.

anyways have fun saving the world!

common sense said...

SARAH LOSES

I WIN

common sense said...

FOREVER