Monday, December 10, 2007

Luigi & Mario Pirandello never did any 'playwrights' they did video games.

Theme is everything you write, it's the difference between an interesting subject or something that makes you want to take a nap. Even the most interesting things can be made boring with a dumb theme. I've noticed this a lot more lately. I think that that its hard to express that theme is not important and since I don't beleive this, i'm not going to talk about that viewpoint. Anyways, like I was saying, writing, needs to express an idea. But it's important that it doesn't drag on, and expresses the idea clearly, it only makes writing worse when a writer is forced to write a certain ammount.

Time for question number two. This one is kind of tough to answer, mostly because I haven't heard of a single one of these 'surviving' works of literature. However, I have heard of a few that survived awhile, like Shakespeare and all that fun stuff. Anyways, I think the only thing that makes literature survive for so long is making it so complicated that no one can understand it. That way people read it for a long time and wonder what it really even meant. But because my writing usually makes sense, it probably won't stand the test of time.

And on a completely unrelated note, if I could have a long lasting impact on the world, I would want world peace. Well that, and all the starving children to be fed and not be so hungry anymore. I might have this impact if I decided to write speeches for Ms. America contestants. But seriously, I don't really want to have an impact on the world, it's too much work.

PEACE.

6 comments:

Tom's Blog said...

Tyler, that was really funny. If that is truly why those works never stood the test of time, then both your writing and mine will not stand the test of time. Oh well! We'll both still be funny, and that's all that matters in the end.

Sarah's Blog said...

Yea I agree that an idea should be expressed clearly and not drag on and on and on and on and on.... that shit aint cool bra. JK but seriously, I don't understand why some writing stays around and some goes. It probably is because no one undertands it and people have just been trying to figure it out for so long. i donno fo sho tho. and world peace would be tiz-ight.

Megan's Blog said...

WOW, i wrote about the hungry children too, that's kinda weird. But ya it's a terrible thing in this world and i wish we could fix it. Let's do it together. lol

Jamie's Blog said...

first of all i liked how you put the forced into the writing thing..i agree completely. Also i liked how you thought that surviving writing are the only pieces that are utterly confusing and really hard to read such as shakespear

macendz said...

Hahah you crack me up. you should write miss america speeches...it sure counldn't get any worse than miss south carolina..."some places in the us don't have maps..."

Tom's Blog said...

tyler, i already have 1 vote for senator, fo sho. how many votes for president do you have?

lol, we will run together, dont even worry about it. i call clinton though, i can do his impression so its final.